Managed an hour of meteor observing on October 17-18, 00:30-01:30 UT, for 4 Orionids, 0 Taurids and 10 Sporadics, in LM 5.3 skies. Hoping now for clear conditions at Loch Doon over the next few days...
OCTOBER 13th UPDATE: The Met Office and BBC weather are forecasting clear conditions for the Loch Doon area tonight up to around midnight, so, the meeting is now on, starting 21:00. Again, please check the most recent forecasts before setting off, especially if you are contemplating a long journey.
Last night turned out to be a bit of a disaster for myself, Bill Ward and John Bonsor. The cloud did start to thin around 2230 but never cleared properly so we all headed home at 2330. Tonight is not looking any better so hopes are now pinned on next weekend for the Orionids.
OCTOBER 12th UPDATE: The Met Office are forecasting broken cloud across the Loch Doon area tonight from 21:00-00:00, so, the meeting will go ahead. However, please check the early evening forecasts before setting off, especially if your journey is a long one.